Benefits of Co-Extrusion Blow Molding
- Product differentiation: achieved by making products with a specific color, by adding a view stripe, etc.
- Cost savings: achieved by using recycled resins and Calcium Carbonate in the middle layer of the plastic products.
- End products with desired characteristics: End products can have a variety of characteristics desired by the manufacturer such as stiffness, impermeability, resistance to a particular environment, etc. which would not be achieved by using only a single material.
Examples of coextruded products:
After all the benefits that coextrusion can bring to any blow molder’s products, it is not a surprise that so many coextruded products are found on the market. Some of the most common applications that can be made by co-extrusion blow molding process are:- 10L, 15L, 20L, 25L round shape jerry can.
- 10L, 18L, 20L, 25L cooking oil jerry can.
- 5L lubrication bottle.
- Pharmaceutical jerry can.
- Diamond Shape jerry can.
- Pesticide bottle.
- Multi color kettle.
- Multi color trash bin.
Chen Way Machinery: Two stripe color kettle, medium co-extrusion blow molding machine video
Coextrusion blow molding machines features
Coextrusion blow molding machines are commonly medium-sized machines that are versatile and can offer a wide variety of features for better blow molding productions. Some features of continuous multilayer machines include the following:
- Single cavities or multi-cavities: A multi-cavity die head also helps increase a machine’s production per cycle. This option is very cost-effective and suitable for small-sized bottles to 5L jerry cans.
- Parison control (wall thickness controller): Helps improve quality and balance the distribution of thickness of the product being molded, thus, reducing weight and waste material.
Experienced coextrusion blowing machine manufacturer in Taiwan
Read more about: multilayer jerry can blow molding machines in Malaysia
The main benefit of our Co-Extrusion machines, which are a popular choice for making edible oil and palm oil jerry cans ranging from 5L to 30L, is that of helping you achieve a material cost reduction of 10-12%, by using around 60%-70% cost-effective regrind material and also by adding Calcium Carbonate CaCO3 (no more than 30%) in the middle layer.
A Multiple Layer Extruder can also be used for products containing different materials, as well as for multi-color products like 2-color teapots or 2-striped trash bins and 2-color/ 2-layer multi-use bottles.
Without a doubt, the coextrusion blow molding process results in several rewards for blow molders. For this reason, it is not a surprise that it is a common plastic production practice globally. If you would like to request a quote or obtain more information about our co-extrusion blow molding machines, send an inquiry to Chen Way Machinery now.